Lynn University Takes Care of Business Against Sailfish Men's Tennis
April 7, 2008
Written By: Michael Brown, Palm Beach Atlantic University SID
BOCA RATON, Fla.- In a matchup of nationally-ranked men’s tennis squads, the Lynn University team proved their worth on Monday afternoon as they defeated Palm Beach Atlantic University by a final tally of 9-0.
Ranked number six in the nation, Lynn and PBA met up in Boca Raton on Friday after being previously rained out earlier in the season. The Fighting Knights are the defending national champions in men’s tennis a perennial power in Division II.
Perhaps the most exciting match of the day came at number one singles as senior Brock Newton battled Lorenzo Cava in a tough match from the start. Ranked eighth in singles competition in the nation, Cava took down the 24th-ranked Newton by a final score of 7-6 (7-4), 6-3.
Newton and doubles partner John Tilton also provided the biggest threat to the Knights in doubles action as they were defeated by Cava and partern Tomas Racak by a final tally of 8-6.
PBA’s season record now stands at 15-6.
PBA 0, Lynn University 9
1. Lorenzo Cava/Tomas Racak (LUM) def. Brock Newton/John Tilton (PBA) 8-6
2. Julien Carsuzaa/Diego Rodriguez (LUM) def. Paul Segodo/Frankie Moulton (PBA) 8-1
3. Axel Joachim/Alessandro Sarra (LUM) def. James Buerkle/Lukas Colombo (PBA) 8-4
1. #8 Lorenzo Cava (LUM) def. #24 Brock Newton (PBA) 7-6 (7-4), 6-3
2. #12 Julien Carsuzaa (LUM) def. Paul Segodo (PBA) 6-0, 6-0
3. #48 Tomas Racak (LUM) def. Frankie Moulton (PBA) 6-0, 6-0
4. Diego Rodriguez (LUM) def. John Tilton (PBA) 6-0, 6-1
5. Alessandro Sarra (LUM) def. James Buerkle (PBA) 6-0, 6-2
6. Axel Joachim (LUM) def. Tyler Dealy (PBA) 6-1, 6-4