Men's Tennis Rolls to 9-0 Win Over Franciscan University Stuebenville
March 13, 2014
Written by: Michael Brown, Assistant A.D. for External Operations
STUART, Fla.- The Sailfish men’s tennis team continued to play solid all-around tennis over their Spring Break trip on Thursday by knocking off Franciscan University of Stuebenville by a 9-0 score. The team utilized an expanded lineup while seeing time for some of their reserve players in the team’s seventh victory of the season.
Palm Beach Atlantic is now 7-6 on the season with a few more matches left on their Spring Break tour through central Florida this weekend.
Versus Franciscan the ‘Fish had Romain Nowaczyk and Nicolas Uryson at the top in doubles as they survived a scare to win 9-8 (7-4) followed by two easier wins to sweep doubles. Kevin Reifler and Matt Leeds combined for an 8-0 win at No. 2-doubles followed by Asti Adams and Joseph Echeverria with an identical 8-0 win at No. 3-doubles.
Nowaczyk earned the win atop singles as well with a 6-3, 6-4 win at No. 1-singles followed by Mark Heimberger stepping into the No. 2-singles slot with a straight sets victory. Also earning straight sets wins were Nicholas Battistini (No. 3-singles) and Reifler (No. 6-singles) while Giancarlo Taracena (6-2, 6-0) and Fernando Arroyo (6-1, 6-0) were nearly as dominant at Nos. 4 and 5-singles respectively.
Palm Beach Atlantic University 9, Franciscan Univ.-Stuebenville 0
03/13/14 at Stuart, Fla.
1. Romain Nowaczyk (PBAM) def. Jarzynka (FUSMT) 6-3, 6-4
2. Mark Heimberger (PBAM) def. Quiza (FUSMT) 6-0, 6-0
3. Nicholas Battistini (PBAM) def. Freytag (FUSMT) 6-0, 6-0
4. Giancarlo Taracena (PBAM) def. Merry (FUSMT) 6-2, 6-0
5. Fernando Arroyo (PBAM) def. Butcher (FUSMT) 6-1, 6-0
6. Kevin Reifler (PBAM) def. Staniszewski (FUSMT) 6-0, 6-0
1. Romain Nowaczyk/Nicolas Uryson (PBAM) def. Jarzynka/Quiza (FUSMT) 9-8 (7-4)
2. Kevin Reifler/Matt Leeds (PBAM) def. Freytag/Merry (FUSMT) 8-0
3. Asti Adams/Joseph Echeverria (PBAM) def. Butcher/Staniszewski (FUSMT) 8-0