Lynn Sweeps the Sailfish in Men's Tennis Action
February 12, 2014
Written by: Michael Brown, Assistant A.D. for External Operations
BOCA RATON, Fla.- The Sailfish men’s tennis program followed up the women’s trip to Boca Raton and Lynn University on Tuesday with one of their own on Wednesday and much like the women had a tough task in front of them. Taking on the No. 6-ranked Fighting Knights saw the Sailfish fall 9-0 as the two teams did battle at the Perper Tennis Complex.
The top showing for the Sailfish (1-2) proved to be at No. 1-singles as sophomore Nicolas Uryson battled No. 17-ranked Vlad Cirla to a 6-3, 4-6, 10-8 win for Cirla and LU.
Uryson and Mark Heimberger took on Daniel Riggs and Paolo Volpocelli at No. 1-doubles and were defeated 8-3 while Nicholas Battistini and Kevin Reifler were a bit closer even at an 8-4 loss.
PBA will take on Warner University at 1 pm on Saturday, Feb. 15th for their next match which will be played at Gaines Park.
#4 Lynn University 9, Palm Beach Atlantic University 0
02/12/14 at Boca Raton, Fla. (Perper Tennis Complex)
1. #17 Vlad Cirla (LUM) def. Nicolas Uryson (PBAM) 6-3, 4-6, 10-8
2. Daniel Riggs (LUM) def. Romain Nowaczyk (PBAM) 6-2, 6-3
3. Tomas Porkop (LUM) def. Mark Heimberger (PBAM) 6-2, 6-4
4. Paolo Volpocelli (LUM) def. Asti Adams (PBAM) 6-2, 6-0
5. Alessio Iannozzi (LUM) def. Nicholas Battistini (PBAM) 6-3, 6-1
6. Ethan Itzkovitz (LUM) def. Giancarlo Taracena (PBAM) 7-5, 6-3
1. Daniel Riggs/Paolo Volpocelli (LUM) def. Nicolas Uryson/Mark Heimberger (PBAM) 8-3
2. Pavel Mojha/Alessio Iannozzi (LUM) def. Romain Nowaczyk/Asti Adams (PBAM) 8-0
3. Giulio Gomba/Tomas Porkop (LUM) def. Nicholas Battistini/Kevin Reifler (PBAM) 8-4