No. 21-Ranked Sailfish Fall Short Against No. 19-Ranked Tars in Women's Tennis
March 23, 2013
Written by: Michael Brown, Assistant A.D. for Communications
WINTER PARK, Fla.- Rain in the area of Rollins College was an issue all afternoon on Saturday as the Sailfish women’s tennis team took on another nationally-ranked opponent in No. 19-Tars. After the wet weather delayed the start of action it also caused for an early finish as the Tars defeated the Sailfish 5-1 as RC snapped Palm Beach Atlantic’s seven match win streak.
The Sailfish (12-5) earned their only win of the day at No. 1-doubles as sophomore Veena Vasquez and senior Victoria Baca combined for an 8-3 victory.
The other two PBA tandems were defeated 8-3 and 8-5 respectively.
The Tars (11-2) continued their momentum into singles as they defeated PBA’s 3-5 lineup to claim the win.
PBA and Rollins did not finish at No. 1, 2 or 6 singles.
Palm Beach Atlantic will battle St. Thomas University in their next match when they host the Bobcats at the Oxbridge Academy Courts at 3 pm on March 26.
#21 PBA 1 #19 Rollins 5
1. Vasquez/Baca def. Loft/Loft 8-3
2. Trotter/Taracena lost to DeCampli/Rosenberg 3-8
3. Wharton/Jimenez lost to Davis/Salvador 5-8
1. Vasquez vs. DeCampli (unfinished)
2. Baca vs. Rosenberg (unfinished)
3. Trotter lost to Davis 1-6,1-6
4. Vahatalo lost to Salvador 0-6,2-6
5. Wharton lost to Whitlock 2-6,1-6
6. Taracena vs. A. Loft (unfinished)