No. 12-Ranked Lions Too Much for PBA Men's Tennis on Saturday Afternoon
February 23, 2013
Written by: Michael Brown, Assistant A.D. for Communications
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla.- Palm Beach Atlantic hosted Saint Leo University on Saturday afternoon for a NCAA South Region tilt between the Sailfish and Lions. The No. 12-ranked Saint Leo squad proved victorious with an 8-1 win as Mark Heimberger and Matt Leeds collected the lone Sailfish victory at No. 1-doubles.
Heimberger and Leeds teamed to defeat Aloua Ajenak and Antoine Raffaelli by an 8-6 count.
Adjenak proved too much as the No. 21-ranked singles player at No. 1-singles while No. 29-ranked Matt Nicholson-Lewis came away with a win at No. 3-singles to pace the Lions’ attack.
The Sailfish will host Pennsylvania State University-Abbington for their next match when they come together on Friday, March 1 at the Delray Beach Tennis Center at 5 pm.
#12 Saint Leo 8, Palm Beach Atlantic 1
02/23/13 at West Palm Beach, Fla.
1. #21 Aloua Adjenak (SLM) def. Mark Heimberger (PBAMT) 6-0, 7-6 (3-0)
2. Bruno Sisti (SLM) def. Asti Adams (PBAMT) 6-4, 2-6, 6-4
3. #29 Matt Nicholson-Lewis (SLM) def. Matt Leeds (PBAMT) 6-0, 6-1
4. Ismail Lemtouni (SLM) def. Nicholas Battistini (PBAMT) 6-1, 6-1
5. Antoine Raffaelli (SLM) def. Fernando Arroyo (PBAMT) 6-0, 6-1
6. Fons Verberne (SLM) def. Michael Tsoi (PBAMT) 8-2
1. Mark Heimberger/Matt Leeds (PBAMT) def. Aloua Adjenak/Antoine Raffaelli (SLM) 8-6
2. Bruno Sisti/Matt Nicholson-Lewis (SLM) def. Giuseppe Guarnieri/Michael Tsoi (PBAMT) 8-4
3. Ismail Lemtouni/Jake Fleischer (SLM) def. Asti Adams/Nicholas Battistini (PBAMT) 8-4
Saint Leo 6-1; National ranking #12
Palm Beach Atlantic 0-8