Florida Southern Earns Tight Wins in Doubles and Pushes Through for Match Victory
February 25, 2012
Written By: Michael Brown, Assistant A.D. for Athletic Communications
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla.- The Palm Beach Atlantic University and Florida Southern College men’s tennis teams took to the court on Saturday afternoon for a NCAA South Region match at Gaines Park. After a competitive doubles session left the Sailfish trailing 3-0, the Moccasins would close out an 8-1 win as the only PBA player to register a victory was freshman Mick Lyons at No. 2-singles by the scores of 6-3, 6-4.
The loss drops Palm Beach Atlantic to 0-5 on the season while Florida Southern improves their early season record to 2-6.
PBA will be back on the court next weekend as they will battle Southern New Hampshire University on Friday, March 2nd. The two teams will square off in Delray Beach at the Delray Tennis Center beginning at 6 pm.
Florida Southern 8, Palm Beach Atlantic University 1
2/25/2012 at West Palm Beach, Fla.
1. Benoit Paradis (FSM) def. Luke Bolanos (PBAMT) 4-6, 6-2, 11-9
2. Mick Lyons (PBAMT) def. Ivan Marevic (FSM) 6-3, 6-4
3. Nathan Leavitt (FSM) def. Giuseppe Guarnieri (PBAMT) 6-0, 6-1
4. Carl Lundberg (FSM) def. Eric Wade (PBAMT) 6-0, 6-1
5. Charles Garneau (FSM) def. Nick Hines (PBAMT) 6-0, 6-0
6. Robbie Palmiotto (FSM) def. Jaime Verd (PBAMT) 6-0, 6-3
1. Ivan Marevic/Jorge Gutierrez (FSM) def. Mick Lyons/Eric Wade (PBAMT) 9-7
2. Benoit Paradis/Carl Lundberg (FSM) def. Luke Bolanos/Giuseppe Guarnieri (PBAMT) 9-8 (6-0)
3. Robbie Palmiotto/Vladimir Barabash (FSM) def. Nick Hines/Jaime Verd (PBAMT) 8-1
Florida Southern 2-6
Palm Beach Atlantic University 0-4