PBA Women's Tennis Makes Easy Work of Southeastern Fire
February 18, 2011
Written By: Michael Brown, Assistant A.D. for Athletic Communications
LAKELAND, Fla.- The Sailfish women’s tennis team made the trip to Lakeland on Friday afternoon to participate in a match versus Southeastern University. Although a late arrival to the match due to heavy traffic caused a bit of a sluggish start, the Sailfish would rebound nicely after the tumultuous start and cruise to a 9-0 win over the Fire.
Now 2-1 on the season, Palm Beach Atlantic used solid showings from up and down the lineup to win easily against Southeastern who competes as a NAIA Institution and a member of the Sun Conference.
PBA will be back to the courts on Wednesday, February 23rd with a matchup against cross-town rival Northwood University at 3 pm.
PBA 9, Southeastern 0
1D. Baca/Trotter def. Lynn/Frazer 8-3
2D. Vahatalo/Wharton def. Reade/Cotton 8-2
3D. Livesay/Domenech def. Housefield/Summers 8-4
1. V. Baca def. Chelsey Lynn 6-2 6-2
2. V. Vahatalo def. Alexandra Frazer 6-1, 6-3
3. N. Trotter def. Amanda Summers 6-1, 6-0
4. J. Wharton def. Noelle Cottom 6-3, 6-0
5. J. Ittersagen def. Wendy Reade 6-0, 6-0
6. K. Domenech def. Autumn Housefield 6-1, 6-1